The exterior of Loquat is a little ramshackle road side, but inside it has a modern bistro fell and the private dining room which is out in the courtyard, lit up with fairy lights is delightful. Our table was in the middle of the dining room and we had a good view of the other diners.
- Beetroot Carpaccio, Toasted Peacans, Cauliflower & Goats Cheese Pannacotta, Rocket Oil
- Terrine – Pork, Chicken, Green Peppercorns, Cornicons, Caperberries, Brioche, Loquat & Apricot Chutney
The beetroot was much lighter than the terrine as would be expected and the panna cotta flavoursome and creamy. The flavour combination is classic really sweetened by the pecans.
- Eye Fillet Beef Potato & Spinach Fondant, Bacon & Sage Terrine, Garlic & Parsley Butter
- Linguine with Prawns, Calamari, Scallops, Salmon, Tomato, White Wine, Hint of Chilli
Steve enjoyed the eye fillet which was cooked well and the bacon and sage terrine was delicious and so very different to the terrine I had at the beginning of the meal. Both worked but this terrine was much lighter.
- Date & Macadamia Pudding, Vanilla Icecream, Butterscotch sauce, Caramel Glass
- Crème Catalan - Citrus & Cinnamon, Creamed Rice Icecream, Honey Snap Wafer
Loquat is a great local restaurant - family friendly and good for a date. We enjoyed our dinner there and would definitely recommend.