Our starters were the:
- “Arancini”, Crumbed Silver Beet, Spinach Risotto Balls
- Yellow Fin Tuna Crostini, Marjoram, Chilli, Lemon
The tuna crostini is probably my favourite dish here. Crisp baguette baked in olive oil with a subtle garlic fragrance and flavour topped with chopped tuna; not too finely chopped so it's a paste but enough to retain an almost diced feel which adds texture. The lemon, chilli and herbs lift the tuna and provides depth to the flavours making them linger for longer.
Food from the kitchen isn't the quickest to arrive but the time lag is helped by the gorgeous bread and olive oil they provide. Service is efficient but impersonal.
- Lasagne, Four Cheeses, Silverbeet, Spinach
- Grass Fed Sirloin on the Bone 450 Grams Firm Texture, Full Flavoured, Parmesan Herb Crumbed Onion Rings
- Potatoes, Rosemary, Garlic
The steak was very flavoursome with a good char grill taste to it. It was cooked well but it was quite a tough piece of meat which was surprising. The onion rings were delicious if a little greasy.
Rosemary and garlic potatoes were great. HUge portion that we couldn't finish.
We enjoyed our date here and there is more on the menu for us to try - veal shank, pasta dishes and I'd definitely come back for the tuna crostini!