Kirsty booked Mezzo and had a discussion with Silvio there and secured us a great round table in the bar area.
Silvio and his colleagues are a fun and friendly team. There were some laughs and some banter which are the secret ingredients to a memorable and positive dining experience.
- Fresh oysters with a shallot vinegar
- Arancini filled with provolone cheese, spinach and chilli
- Shallot and beetroot tart, "agro dolce", goats cheese, candied walnuts
- Braised meatballs
- Crumbed scamorza and cotechina (that's smoked mozzarella and sausage), sweet wine macerateed figs and toasted hazelnut
- Angus dry aged rib eye with picked wild Sicilian onions, potatoes and red wine sauce
- Angus dry aged porterhouse with the same accompaniments
- Risotto of grilled prawns, saffron, chives and crustacean broth
- Baked canelloni with pork and veal ragu plus white cheese sauce
There's a positive buzzy ambience and certainly our shenanigans were not looked down upon and we felt welcome. You'll see from the pics below we weren't a sedate group. The petit fours ended up being an excuse to play the game where you try to move it from your forehead to your mouth with no hands...Lucky for us Mezzo is the kind of relaxed and un stuffy establishment to let us play our silly games!