We took up seats at the bar and received friendly hospitality throughout our lunch. We were encouraged to take our time and enjoy and that we did!
After the anchoa came:
- Pollo Escabache al Miguel - spiced chicken escabache tapa on a crisp crouton
- Deep fried zucchini flowers stuffed with goat's cheese
- Cordero al Chilindron - Pyrenees wet roast lamb breast with fino and paprika sauce
The zucchini flowers so simple but the melted goats cheese so fresh and light.
The lamb so fatty but succulent and melt in mouth.
- Agridulce con Pato - slow cooked duck shank with hazelnuts, raisins and onions
- New Zealand white fish in a tomato confit type sauce with bacon, carrots, turnips potatoes and peas
As if we hadn't had enough, Steve felt piggy enough to order one more whilst we finished our wine. He finished his wine before the dish came out so decided to celebrate Saturday afternoon with an additional red recommended by our friendly waiter. Our friendly waiter was so hospitable that when he saw my empty wine glass he topped me up because apparently he "hates to see a lady with an empty glass"!
After such deep philosphy, Steve and I came up with some words of wisdom ourselves: "we just don't come to Movida enough"!