The service and welcome was friendly and there was a real passion for the food that exuded from the people who served us.
- Goat’s cheese profiterole, caraway, thyme & our honey
- Smoked duck liver parfait, pickled cucumber & crisp potato
- Selection of cured meats
- Oysters served with chardonnay vinegar sorbet & lemon
- Venison tartare, pickled radish, nashi pear, ginger & wasabi
- Poached chicken, king oyster mushroom, ricotta, avruga & salad burnet
The poached chicken was more classic and the thick slices of succulent chicken breast were delicious to eat. Clean pure flavours came through - so yummy.
- Roast half wagyu rump cap (600g), walnut butter
- Heirloom kales, slow cooked egg, rye, comté & mustard
The kale dish was really "bigged up" to us as THE best veggie dish in the World. It was delicious but I'm not sure it's as good as the hype.
In all our visit here was very enjoyable. It's interesting, creative food and full of Melbourne hipsters in skinny jeans, chunky silver jewellery and checked shirts, beards and tattoos. The food is reminiscent of The Commoner but perhaps where The Commoner retains an element of homeliness and comfort, it's a little more eccentric and unusual here. This is a place for foodies for sure!