Barley boy and I had planned to go on the train but a particularly drunk night before meant that Barley was more than happy to drive and lucky for us there was a car space that was vacant right outside the restaurant.
Our table was at 6pm as that was all that was available and we had to vacate it by 7:45pm which we though we could do.
The tom yam was clean and clear tasting without the powdery, murky residue of a paste mix. It tasted like it was clear chicken broth flavoured with chilli, lemon juice, lemon grass, galangal and coriander - pure ingredients making it a pure tom yam.
Chicken satay was also good - chargrilled chicken pieces and two dipping sauces - peanut and a simpler sweet, salty, sour one.
- Roti and satay sauce - deliciously flaky yet has a doughy chew to it too
- Chicken pad thai - pretty good and well balanced flabours
- Three flavour fish - not sure what the three flavours were but loved them and the crispy texture. The fish was in generous goujons too so they remained moist after deep frying
- Stir fried veggies with tofu - good flavours to cleanse and cut through all the deep fried stuff
- Chicken with cashew nuts - chunks of deep fried chicken with a mixture of veggies and nuts. More nuts would have been better.
- Thai beef salad - good tangy dressing, lots of salad leaves but the beef was a bit stringy
We enjoyed our dinner at Trinitas and it was good value for money. Steve said it was darn good Thai and I have to agree although our dinner was definitely more about the catching up and the giggles than the food. Having said that if the food wasn't up to par we wouldn't be as happy, carefree or as giggly.